SEE MY LIST OF 33+ IDEAS FOR KIDS’ BIRTHDAY PARTIES IN ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY, MD BELOW
Are you looking for a great place to host your child’s birthday party?
There are so many choices, but unfortunately, many parents return to the same old places again and again – for example, bounce houses.
Below you’ll find some other party ideas that may be a bit more creative. Please note that this is my own collection of birthday party place ideas – no business have paid to be on it. The list contains links to party favor ideas which are sponsored by and link to Amazon.com.
This list of birthday party ideas is mainly for people who live in or near Anne Arundel County, but if you live elsewhere, there are probably similar places near you!
(I also have a list of kid’s birthday party venues in Howard County, Montgomery County, and Baltimore County as well as other birthday party-related posts. For instance, I have a post about giving out party favors and gift ideas for intelligent kids!)
Where to have children’s birthday parties in Anne Arundel County:
- Whole Foods Cooking Lesson Party (Ages 5+)
The the Whole Foods in Annapolis has a closed off kitchen area where they hold classes and parties. The kids will get a cooking lesson and learn about the store. If you’re looking to hold a baking birthday party, this is definitely the place.
When I attended a party at Whole Foods Annapolis, we made guacamole in a bag, which was great for a party for 6-year olds. Older kids can make more serious culinary creations. Unfortunately, not available for toddlers.
- Go Kart Speedway (Ages 5+) in Crofton Maryland.
Looks like a blast. This venue doesn’t really have a reservation system, so you just show up with your party and have a ball. This would be especially good if it’s a last minute party. There will be plenty of fun and smiles.
Party Favor Ideas: Balloon Racers, Balloon Helicopter Racers
- Craft parties (Ages 4-10): Have your party at Michael’s Craft Store. Michael’s provides a party room where your group can do a craft together.
Location: Bowie, Annapolis, Glen Burnie, Hanover
- Jewelry Making at Twisted Bead and Rock Shop (Ages 5+): The twisted bead is located in Edgewater and has jewelry making options for all ages.
- Paint Parties (Ages 5+): Muse Paintbar in Annapolis hosts kids parties where they can paint on canvas or glasses. The painted masterpiece is the party favor.
Location: Annapolis Towne Centre
- Is your child a cat lover? (Ages 7+) Have a birthday party at Cats in Cups on defense Highway in Annapolis. Cafe setting with a dozen or more cuddly cats to play with.
- Indoor pool parties (Ages 2+) There are many places in Anne Arundel County where you can hold an indoor pool party. For example, at Kid’s First Swim School in Severna Park you can hold a party for about $250 for an hour of swimming and an hour of room use. There are also other venues that offer kids’ pool parties.
For example, the North Arundel Aquatic Center is a great choice. They also have a party room and very reasonable rates for large parties. This is a great birthday party place for toddlers, but usually the parents are going to have to swim with their kids.
Location: Severna Park, Glen Burnie
Party favor idea: Goggles and water toys
- Live Theater Parties (Ages 3+) There are a few choices around Anne Arundel County and surrounding areas for live theater that kids would enjoy. One possible choice is Medieval Times in Arundel Mills Mall. Kids will enjoy the show and the amazing moves of the trained horses. Another place with great show opportunities for kids is the Children’s Theater of Annapolis, Annapolis Musical Theater, and don’t forget about the amazing performances at the Maryland Hall for the Arts. (Click here for more Children’s Theater ideas)
Location: Hanover, Annapolis
- Rock climbing parties (Ages 5+) There aren’t any notable rock climbing facilities in AA County. If Laurel isn’t too far away, consider a party at ClimbZone. The place is really fun with some very creative climbing walls including a giant book shelf and “Mount Rushmore”. You may want to check with the Pip Moyer Center in Annapolis, as they do have a climbing wall there. Also, see Big Vanilla, below.
- Ballet and dance parties (Ages 2-10). The Annapolis Dance Academy in Arnold is a great choice for kid’s BDPs.
- Gymnastics parties (Ages 2-10) – Severna Park Gymnastics does great parties for kids. Works well for girls or boys. Also, in Severna Park is We Rock the Spectrum, a perfect place for a birthday party for a child with autism…their value proposition sounds great: “Finally a Place Where You Never Have to Say I’m Sorry”
Location: Severna Park
Party Favor Ideas: Ribbon Wands, Necklaces
- Build-A-Bear (Ages 2-7) – Kids of love Build-a-Bear parties. The location in Annapolis mall does a great job with parties. Consider having snacks in the food court area before the party.
Location: Annapolis Mall
- Bowling parties (Ages 5+) Bowling parties can be fun, but I would caution parents to steer towards older kids with this idea. Even with bumpers, the game can be frustrating for younger children. Definitely go for duck pins if possible. Although they are relatively rare, the bowling alley in Severna Park still has them. By the way, the Severna Park alley is a great environment and kids older than 7 are sure to have a great time there. My only complaint about this place is that the food choices just aren’t healthy. For example, their popcorn is full of chemicals. If you have a party here, you aren’t allowed to bring in your own food except for a cake. Glen Burnie also has a duck pin alley. There are certainly other bowling alleys in Anne Arundel County such as Crofton Bowling and Annapolis Bowl, but no duck pins there.
Location: Severna Park, Glen Burnie, Crofton
- Roller skating (Ages 5+) The Skate Zone roller skating rink in Crofton has birthday parties starting at about $260. Another good choice is the roller skating rink in Odenton.
Location: Crofton, Odenton
Party Favor Ideas: Invitation Tickets
- Ice skating (Ages 5+) The Piney Orchard Ice Arena is a great place for a birthday party year-round. Great deal! They have a party room upstairs, and accommodate quite a few people with skating for $200. For kids who don’t know how to skate, they have “walkers” to help them on the ice. Nice place. In the winter, there’s also the Glen Burnie outdoor ice rink.
Location: Odenton, Glen Burnie
- Music Birthday Parties (Ages 2-7) – School of Rock in Gambrills and Arnold offers music birthday parties.
Location: Gambrills, Arnold
Party Favor Ideas: Inflatable Guitars
- Paintball (Ages 8+) Paintball parties can be lots of fun…there is a great paintball venue in Pasadena called Paintball Sports and Supply (Curtis Bay).
Location: Curtis Bay, Md
- Soccer Parties (Ages 5+) This is a great idea for your soccer loving girl or boy. The Soccer Dome in Harmans is a great place to host a party.
Party Favor Ideas: Bouncy Soccer Balls, Soccer Whistles, Soccer Stress Balls, Soccer Birthday Candles, Soccer Key Chains, Soccer Pinata
- Horse center parties (Ages 6+) Mane Event in Pasadena offer birthday parties for your horse-loving child.
- Terrapin Adventures (Ages 6+) (301-725-1313) This is a tree-top adventure park located in Savage, MD (Howard County). This place is really fun, and would be an especially good party in late spring or early fall.
Location: Savage, Md
Party Favor Ideas: Tickle Plant Seeds
- Pirate Party (Ages 7+) on the Urban Pirate boat that sails from Baltimore or the Chesapeake Pirate Boat that leaves from Eastport. This is a great idea for a warm-weather birthday.
Location: Eastport or Baltimore
Party Favor Ideas: Pirate Eye Patches, Bandanas, Gold Pirate Coins, pirate masks
- Movie Theater Birthdays (Ages 3+) Arundel Mills Cinemark Egyptian Movie Theater or Bowtie Theaters in Annapolis Mall are easy choices. They have party areas and offer group rates. Let the movie you watch dictate the theme of your party (ie-Peanuts or Disney Princesses).
Location: Arundel Mills Mall, Annapolis Mall
- Dave and Busters (Ages 4+) Dave and Busters in Arundel Mills mall is a very popular party venue. Kids will have fun, but usually very busy there.
Location: Arundel Mills Mall
- The Melting Pot (Ages 7+) This is a great place to have a party with a small group of your child’s friends. This place is always a hit. Parties here are probably going to take at least 2 hours, so just collect parent’s mobile phone numbers and text them when dessert arrives to pick up their kids.
- Rent a pavilion at Quiet Waters (Ages 2+) In the summer, Quiet Waters park is a great place for a party. Rent a pavilion and enjoy some time with kids running around. You could also consider renting kayaks or canoes there for added fun for older kids.
Party Favor Ideas: Dolphin Necklaces, Tickle Me Plant Seeds, Fractal Succulent Plants
- Have a Lego birthday party (Ages 5-10) – Brikz for Kids -You’ll need to provide a space for this party, but this is definitely a cool way to go.
Location: Crofton, Annapolis
- Fire house birthdays (Ages 3-7) Consider having a birthday party at one of the firehouses in Anne Arundel County. These parties are exciting and fun, plus it is a wonderful way to support the local volunteer fire departments. For example, see the Odenton Volunteer Fire Company website.
Location: Odenton and other fire houses in Anne Arundel County
- Pottery Party at Clay Bakers (Ages 5-10) Clay Bakers on Main Street in Annapolis is a great place to hold a birthday party. You’re guests will be able to socialize together as they paint mugs, plates, etc (whatever the hold chooses) and then they will be able to have their creation as a party favor memory (there might be a few days before they have a chance to put the items in the kiln). This is a great place for a party!
- YMCA (Ages 3-10) – YMCA (formerly Big Vanilla) has a variety of parties including dance, martial arts, swimming, cheer leading, tumbling, and rock climbing for kids. Even if you’re not a member, I believe you can still have a party at this venue in Pasadena, Maryland.
Party Favor Ideas: Sports Mini-Stress Balls
- Chuck E Cheese’s – I am not the biggest fan of Chuck E Cheese, but I know many families like it. There is a location in Glen Burnie. Token prices are low—maybe around 20 cents each depending on which package you get.
- Miniature Golf (Ages 7-10) – Night Hawk Golf Center in Gambrills/Crofton has a fun, 19-hole miniature golf course. They also have basketball and batting cages. Party packages are available. Severna Park Golf Center also offers miniature golf. Younger kids can play, but the game may be frustrating for newbies.
Location: Severna Park
Gift idea: Home mini golf set
- Baseball Park Birthday Parties (Ages 6+) – Obviously these three aren’t in Anne Arundel County, but an unforgettable birthday could take place at Camden Yards or Nationals Park. Another option, just as fun might be a Bowie Baysox birthday.
Location: Baltimore or Bowie
- Lady Bug Kid’s Glam Spa (Ages 5+) – Hold a princess party with manicures, pedicures, and more in Crofton. They have a party room, a stage, a candy bar. Sounds like a great place to hold an amazing party. You may also want to check out Pig Tails and Crew Cuts in Annapolis for a variety of parties for girls and boys.
Party favor idea: Clip on colored braids
- Wiggle Room – Located in Crofton, this new 3,800 foot indoor play space hosts fun parties with free gourmet coffee for the adults.
- Bonus idea: Kids love to take photos of themselves with funny props and goofy expressions. Add a photo booth to any party for added fun. Sure to please kids of all ages. I’ve had good experiences with Shelly’s Sweet Photo Booth (410) 961-2983.
- Whole Foods Cooking Lesson Party (Ages 5+)